Chris Hodges is the Senior Pastor of Church of the Highlands in Birmingham, AL. Highlands has grown to have campuses across the state of Alabama and known for it’s life-giving culture and focus on leading people to an intimate relationship with God.
Chris has a deep passion for developing leaders and planting life-giving churches, as one of the co-founders of ARC. At the ARC Conference in Anaheim, CA, he spoke about the four steps to spiritual maturity: knowing God, finding freedom, discovering purpose, and making a difference.
Notes from this session:
- God wants people to flourish. (Psalm 92:13)
- Leaders move people from their current reality to their God-destined future.
- Shepards lead and feed. (Psalm 16:11, Eph. 1:16-18)
- Connect before you correct (1 John 5:3, 5:12)
- Create life-giving environments.
- We’re not giving information we’re giving transformation. Only transformation will change people’s lives.
- We can’t let people come to church looking for God and only find us.
- This is steps, not events. People not programs.
- God put your purpose in you and you have to go to Him to find it. (Romans 13:6, Eph. 4:11-12)
- Don’t recruit volunteers. Discover people’s gifts.
- Build teams that are able to contribute to an eternal cause. Have community with the other members and celebrate the wins.