The Association of Related Churches (ARC) is a global family of church and business leaders that exist to see a thriving church in every community reaching people with the message of Jesus. We do this by providing relationships, resources, and opportunities to leaders of new and existing churches so that they can thrive.
For the past few years, ARC has been undergoing an overhaul of our digital platforms that serve the people, churches, and organizations that makeup ARC. As we continue this transformation, we are excited about providing the best-in-class training content and learning experience for those going through the ARC Launch Training as they prepare to start a new church. In addition to an overhaul of our front-facing content to church planters and pastors, the new platforms help streamline staff workflow and help us better support church planters through their journey.
We are looking for someone to join our team as a Full Stack Developer to help us bring more value to the ARC Family through our digital platforms. If you or someone you know is interested please see the details below and apply today!
About the Role
Department: Creative and Communications
Reports To: Director of Creative and Communications
Status: Full-Time Exempt
Date: July 2021
Location: Birmingham, AL (remote options considered based on qualification)
As a full stack developer, you’ll join ARC’s Creative and Communications Team and use your knowledge of front and back end development to create and maintain software and web applications. Our ideal candidate has a solid blend of design and development skills, and is able to work cohesively with our team in order to fulfill the vision and mission of ARC.
You’ll be developing software and applications with great design, user experience, and back end efficiency in order to improve our user’s experience and support our internal systems and processes. You will work closely with our staff, as well as third-party developers, to think creatively and strategically about data, design, infrastructure, and technology while keeping up with industry best practices.
SOME THINGS YOU MIGHT WORK ON
- Develop front end website architecture and features to enhance user experience.
- Optimize web applications for maximum speed and scalability.
- Create server and database functionality to support software development.
- Develop new and innovative digital concepts for major campaigns, events, and initiatives.
- Embrace data and the metrics that demonstrate project efficacy.
- Write modern, well-tested, well-documented, maintainable code with minimal technical debt.
- Ensure the cross-platform optimization and responsiveness of applications.
- Work closely with others to meet project objectives in conceptualization and development of software solutions.
- Work with the team to create innovative software solutions and help bring it to our audience.
- Design, develop, and maintain RESTful services APIs.
- Ensure that security, performance, maintenance, scalability, reliability are considered.
- Develop functional databases and servers to support software development.
- Foster and strengthen ARC’s brand across all digital platforms.
- Maintain brand aesthetic and standards across all projects.
- Embrace regular collaboration, feedback, and revisions throughout projects.
- Support development needs of the other departments within the organization.
- Complete all assignments according to the needs while meeting the technical requirements of production.
- Meet all deadlines while juggling multiple projects.
- Seek and maintain excellent working relationships.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends and best practices.
- Solve problems proactively with patience and intelligence.
- Contribute to team effort by fulfilling responsibilities with a positive attitude.
- Maintain a backlog of projects and provide regular updates while managing expectations of delivery dates.
- Help drive healthy organizational culture to align with the brand.
YOU WILL DO PHENOMENAL IN THIS ROLE IF YOU HAVE
- A spiritual foundation. Are passionate about the local church, have a strong faith in Jesus Christ as Savior, and lead a God honoring lifestyle.
- A strong portfolio displaying a wide variety of work.
- 3+ years of professional development experience working in a team environment.
- Experience in API design and development.
- Understanding of data structures, system design, and algorithms.
- A strong knowledge of PHP, MySQL, and WordPress development.
- Experience working with AWS environments.
- A love for design and a strong, focused sense of visual style and taste.
- Ability to think strategically about design.
- A care for the details, but you know when to choose progress over perfection.
- Expert understanding of TypeScript Full Stack.
- Strong knowledge of Angular, StencilJS, Node.js, and NestJS.
- Proficiency in PostgreSQL and ORM in Sequelize-TypeScript
- A very strong focus on user experience and process.
- Skill in critical review, troubleshooting, and managing feedback from supervisors.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and project management skills.
- Ability to self-start and work under minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to adapt to additional duties and tasks.
- Passion and pride in your work
IT’S A PLUS IF YOU HAVE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- UI/UX Design Experience.
- Worked within a distributed team before.
- Worked in a non-profit or faith-based environment before.
- Role requires prolonged sitting and computer processing.
- Must be able to lift 20-30 pounds.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends on occasion.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally on occasion.
If this profile matches your expertise, experience, and aspirations, we’d be delighted to receive your full application, including your portfolio, references, salary requirements, and possible starting date. Please apply below.