Rich and his wife, DawnChere, founded VOUS Church with the mission to create a church in Downtown Miami that would be a home to all ages and represent the diversity of their beautiful city. They believe in the next generation and value the wisdom and guidance of those that have gone before us.
When asked about how he deals with cancel culture and social media, Rich explains, “it’s two sides of the same coin. It’s that intense praise that we get addicted to – and it’s why when we’re rejected, it hurts so bad. I gotta keep breaking free from that… I can’t live for it and have to keep reminding myself who my identity in Christ is – and I gotta outlast it. The whole ‘proving the haters wrong’ thing… don’t prove your haters wrong by being cool, prove your haters wrong by preaching the same thing 20 years later. I want to still be doing this.”
You’ll hear them talk more about:
- How to preach from your heart and not your head
- The blessing and responsibility of a spiritual heritage
- What he’s learned from navigating high-visibility roles and relationships
- How the church needs to do better at seeing pain and acknowledging victims
- How to avoid the traps of social media and hustle culture