“We started with honor and believe we’ve seen so much favor because of that.”
They talk about the beginning of their journey and how they planned to move to a highly unchurched area until they felt God’s call to Dallas. Through seeking counsel and honoring local pastors, they were able to find the right part of the city to plant Shoreline. Recognizing they are standing on the shoulders of so many pastors who plowed the ground before them, they committed to honoring local pastors in every step. They also celebrate finding the lost, doing life together, and not just finding people who are already in great communities.
- How to honor and take your time to land in the right place
- Learning how to lead together as a team and overcome your individual insecurities
- Feeding confidence and security into your spouse/co-leader
- How the roles of ‘architect’ and ‘general contractor’ helped them define their own roles
- The one thing they didn’t do when launching that they wish they had
- Dealing with criticism, skeptics, and the pain of relationships that shift
They also talk about one of the displayed messages throughout their building which shows the heartbeat of their church: You are loved. You are valued. You are believed in.
Check out the newest episode of Unscripted on Youtube or your preferred podcast platform!